Refresh your hotel’s marketing plan and build a strategy that centres on generating sales and bookings from marketing channels; including social media, online booking tools and direct to your property website.
- If you don’t know where to advertise find out where the OTA’s advertise.
- Alternative to advertising is connecting to more OTA’s, its not wrong its just different.
- If you think you don’t need to advertise on OTA’s think again – 25% of all hotel bookings are made online.
- Occupancy is the result of the rate rate and the right guests – all under your control.
- Your USP is not what you think it is, it is what your guests think it is.
- A Hotel has three things (a) location (b) comfort (c) value. Its important to have all 3 but exceeding just 1 gives you the marketing edge over your competitor
- To increase your rate, increase service and guest satisfaction.
- The 3 key indicators that your website should provide are: (1) Turnover generated (2) Visits to the site (3) Conversion rate. You need to understand all 3 of these to be able to increase your occupancy.
- If you don’t know how to do any of the above – hire someone that does!