Follow the link to the read my full article that I wrote for Siteminder
There is some quick easy steps that will ensure your hotel is being seen by guests searching the internet for accommodation. See below 8 ways to increase your hotel bookings:
Connect with OTA’s (Online Travel Agents)
Connect with OTA’s as more than 75% of hotel bookings are made online.
Connect with GDS (Global Distribution System)
By connecting to all GDS your hotel will be visible to over 600,000 Travel Agents around the world – possibilities are endless.
A dynamic pricing solution that helps Managers set the right room rate for each room type, taking into consideration the season, time and future market scenarios.
High Resolution Images
Take high-quality photos that represent your hotel. It will instantly attract guests to your property.
Make sure your website is mobile friendly and it is easy to book as a majority of websites are accessed on mobiles or tablet devices.
Always respond to guests feedback, good or bad. Hotels that respond to guests have a 6% chance of a new booking.
Special Offers & Packages
Communicate with your past guests keeping them in the loop of specials and upgrades.
Provide links to activities on your website so guests are aware of what they can do when staying at your hotel
Refresh your hotel’s marketing plan and build a strategy that centres on generating sales and bookings from marketing channels; including social media, online booking tools and direct to your property website.
- If you don’t know where to advertise find out where the OTA’s advertise.
- Alternative to advertising is connecting to more OTA’s, its not wrong its just different.
- If you think you don’t need to advertise on OTA’s think again – 25% of all hotel bookings are made online.
- Occupancy is the result of the rate rate and the right guests – all under your control.
- Your USP is not what you think it is, it is what your guests think it is.
- A Hotel has three things (a) location (b) comfort (c) value. Its important to have all 3 but exceeding just 1 gives you the marketing edge over your competitor
- To increase your rate, increase service and guest satisfaction.
- The 3 key indicators that your website should provide are: (1) Turnover generated (2) Visits to the site (3) Conversion rate. You need to understand all 3 of these to be able to increase your occupancy.
- If you don’t know how to do any of the above – hire someone that does!
Yes it’s time consuming, Yes can become overwhelming but here are some simple ways to keep on-top of Social Media
- Have new images of hotel rooms presented at its best.
- Have Images of the beautiful food served in your restaurant
- Show the best features of the property
- Suggest some family friendly ideas to do at your hotel or in the local area
- Share inspirational quotes
- Staff of the week
- Get to know the owners
- Highlight a package
- Special rates depending on the season
- Special event dates
- Places to visit near the hotel
- Events at the hotel
- Customer Feedback/reviews
- Refurbishments plans/dates
- Local events worth attending
Engaging with your guests while they are staying at your hotel is very important. What is also important is interacting with them at all times, making sure they know that you are wanting them to come back and visit.
Here are some ideas to make your guests part of your business:
- Friendly staff
- Quick response
- Super organised
- Hand written notes
- Welcome packs
- Goody bags for kids
- Social Media posts
- Birthday surprise email – with an offer
- Christmas/New Years Greetings
- Consistant Newsletters with updates
- Loyalty & Referral Program
- Customer Surveys